Search This Blog

Feb 1, 2013

Tofu Shreds with Chinese Chives Recipe


I learned a trick from my uncle to make the tofu shred tender. You just boil the shred in water and you add baking power or soda, either one is fine. You let it boil for few minutes and then drain it. If you don't like how long the tofu shreds are, you can tear/cut it in half or one-thirds before boiling.


I had shrimp so I used it in cooking but it's not necessary. Just chives and shredded tofu is yummy buy themselves

Prepare:
Asian chives cut in stripes
bag of shredded tofu (bought in asian store)
shrimp (optional)
white pepper (optional)
butter or oil
salt and chicken granule bouillon

Cooking:
I added butter in my pan to stir fry the shrimp, when it was a nice pink color I added the chives. Stir it around with your chop stick or utensil until the chives are wilting. Then add your shredded tofu. Add your seasonings to your taste and also add a cup or half of water. Stir it a bit then cover the pan, let it steam for a few minutes. Taste to see if seasoned enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment