Search This Blog

Mar 10, 2013

Chinese Mustard Fish Soup Recipe

Hey y'all, I was craving my mums cooking but she is at home–1.5 hours away and going to China tomorrow. Anyways last time I was home she bought a fish head the size of my hand and cook fish soup. She added mustard veggies which she doesn't usually do but it was nevertheless yummy. I had mustard fish soup before when I was in China and it can't be compared with.

I had leftovers of the mustard veggie, I ate it with rice porridge, and I was think what I should do with it and thought of my mums soup. She also semi taught me how to cook it but the fish soup was already cooked, I just need to stir fry the musards veggie and then add the soup.

I made a simple, easy and quick mustard fish soup. I didn't have tofu but I had some fried tofu my father made in the freezer so I used those.

Need:
Fillet - diagonally sliced
Chinese mustard veggie - buy in asian store
soft tofu - random slices
cilantro (optional)
oil
seasoning - mine is salt and chicken granule bullion and ground white pepper

How to:
First add oil to your pot or wok, let it heat at high and add your mustard veggie. Stir fry it. Then add water or broth to a boil then add your tofu and let it boil for a few minutes and then add your fillet slices. Oh, and don't forget to season your soup to your taste. If you add mustard and broth it would already be salty so you don't need much. When you serve you can chop some cilantro and garnish it.

Here's a video


No comments:

Post a Comment