Search This Blog

Dec 12, 2013

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies

I made this. I really wanted something chewy like a cookie when I made this. Then I realized we were out of eggs! I didn't have a car and it was cold out, not going to ride the bus.

I had to improvise in some of the items. I used only half of the items. I did need to each a bunch of them. I didn't have vanilla, so thrown that out of the needs. I used hot chocolate cocoa powder, that was what I had. I thought we didn't have butter either and I was going to sub it with olive oil but found a same container of butter. This was really easy and quick recipe to make.

Taste: I enjoyed the few first bite, I could taste the peanut butter, but then it became too sweet to my liking. I loved the texture the oatmeal add to it.

Need:
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper

Directions:
In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment