Search This Blog

Feb 25, 2014

baked potatoes and creamy potato soup

We are almost out of fresh food, but we do have a bag of potatoes. Remembering some of the food pins I pinned on pinterst. I had these baked potatoes at a restaurant and they tasted fabulous. I looked up how to make the roasted/bake potato and I was feeling for some creamy soup. This is my first time ever making something like this and I say it turned out great!! The soup was thick and had that potato flour taste, it was good, what I was looking for. The baked good was a bit dry; next time I think I would cover it with aluminum.

I followed theses recipes, but I was limited in ingredients so I had it improvise a bit.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheesy-chicken-chowder
I only used 2 rib of celery, 4 potatoes, handful of broccoli, I had string cheese but other than that I had all the other items for sauce (flour) mixture. I had this for lunch and off i go to class. When I came home it became really thick as it cooled. My mum told just add more liquid to thin it out. I reheat it and slowly add some water and stirred until it's the consistency I wanted. I also added a bit of salt too because the taste would have diluted.

http://www.marthastewart.com/332662/roasted-red-potatoes
I only had Russet potatoes and didn't have dill so used italian seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment