Search This Blog

Feb 25, 2014

Creamy Pasta Chowder

I don't know what's the deal with me this week but I began studying and then I side track into cooking food. It happen this monday too, where I made the bake potato and creamy potato chowder.

Early this morning 8:30am, class start at 9, so I went on pintrest and looked at my pins. This one pin caught my attention because it was similar to what I made on monday but with pasta. So I had an idea what I want to make

http://chefrecipesmagazine.com/broccoli-shells-n-cheese/

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheesy-chicken-chowder

I start following the first recipe on butter, onion, flour and milk, cheese but I didn't like doing it this way, made my hand tired, but then again I was using a wooden spoon. Next time I make this kind of step again, I will be using a whisk on the butter, flour and milk. And how, I went to the grocery today, so this time I have most of the ingredients. and I also roughly measured my amounts.

one medium onion, diced
1 carrot roundly sliced
1 rib of celery
handful of broccoli
1-2 potato, diced
over 3 cups of water
1 or more cheese string, sliced (I only had cheese strings)
1 tsp salt
over 1/2 tsp chicken bullion granules
1 tsp black pepper
scoop of butter (I had margarine)
1/2 cup flour
over 1 cup milk/cream
pasta, cooked as instructed and set aside

In a pot, bring water to boil add the potato, celery, carrot, onion, salt and pepper
let it cook until potato tender (I had it on high heat). Have a taste if need more seasoning.

While thats cooking make the flour mixture. In another pot, on high, melt the butter than whisk together the flour (looks clumpy) and stir around a few minutes, don't want to burn can turn on medium heat. Then add milk little bit at a time, whisk, milk, whisk... until the flour mixture looks smooth with no clumps. Then add the cheese. and mix until melted.

When the veggies are tender add the flour mixture into the veggie pot, and stir around until dissolves. Then I add the broccoli and cook a few minute and then add the pasta into pot. Fold it for pasta to be coated with sauce. Have a taste if need more seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment