Search This Blog

Aug 6, 2013

Brownies simple and easy

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-brownies/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary

This is my first time making brownies from scratch. It was easy to make. I just add and mix all the dry ingredients in bowl then added and mix in the wet ingredients. My batter was a bit runny so I was uncertain if it will turn out good but it tasted fine. I thought it will come out chewy like the boxed ones, but my brownies were a bit cake-like, mild moist and choco flavor. Well I like how it turn out. My walnuts also didn't sink to the bottom, I crush the walnut into smaller pieces too.

I wanted to used the muffin pan but it seem that there was too much batter and I did not want to bake it twice so didn't used it. I also did 50/50 sugar and brown sugar, just because.


I've read some of the comments people posted from the site. I took note that many added 1 cups of flour instead and suggested it that it was less cake-like, which I followed the advice. But I don't know I think it was still a bit cake like.

There was another comment I took note of. This person used 1/2 cup butter and sub in 1/2 cup applesauce and took about 45 minutes to bake. I would like to try this way next time.

There was also other comment were they added choco chip or coconut flakes instead of walnuts.

2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnut halves (optional)

Mix sugar, butter and cocoa powder together then add rest of ingredients in and mix. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes in a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment