Search This Blog

Oct 28, 2012

Curry recipe with Okra

Okay I felt like eating curry today, and I still have some okra left and I thought it might be good to add orka, well, I wasn't think deeply and didn't expect the sauce to be thinker and sticky/slimy kind of like texture. This is my second time making curry so I'm not sure how is taste different other than it's a bit slimy, but curry overall.


Ingredient:
pork (or any meat or omit), dice
shrimp
1 large/medium shape carrot, rotate cut
onion, dice
1 large/medium potato, dice
2 celery rib, sliced
2 garlic clove, diced (I should have mince it)
4 okra, slice
(or any veggie you like or have in hand)
S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix 3.5oz
2.5 cups of water/broth
cooked/warm rice
oil

Procedure:
I just boiled my diced potatoes until tender  and drain them and then I semi follow the direction on the curry mix.

Let the oil heat up on a large pan, get ready to put the meat, shrimp, onion, and garlic and stir fry for a few minutes until smells nice and looks ready to add the veggies and stir a bit than add the liquid. Let the liquid boil and then lower the heat to medium for 10 minutes. Then add the curry mix, let it dissolve by stirring occasionally. Wala! You're done.

I warm up my left over rice and spoon the curry over it. You can also spread it over noodles, pasta, bread, biscuits or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment