Search This Blog

Oct 27, 2012

Fried Rice with Okra

I made fried rice with okra and it's not bad if you like okra's slimy texture. I hope y'all like this as I did.

Oh, and also when I cook I don't measure out how much I need, I just put how much of the ingredient I want or have in hand. You can have whatever ingredient you like in your fried rice if you don't like what I put in, heck you can omit the okra if you don't have any right now.

I made another version with shrimp.

Ingredients:
1 beaten egg
1 carrot, the ones that are shape like a real carrot, I used a small one, I didn't want so much
1 pepper, any pepper you like, I had a banana pepper in hand so I used that
Pork (or chicken, shrimp...) if you like meat add as much as you like or don't add any
5 okra pieces, rinsed
Peas,  frozen
Seasonings, I used salt, Granulated Chicken Bouillon, and white pepper
Oil to stir fry
leftover Rice, I didn't have much left like about 1/2 cup or so

Procedure: 

  1. While prepare ingredients boil some water in pot. Peel the carrot skin with a peeler, and gut your pepper. I cut the carrot by first slice diagonal and rotated the carrot a bit and slice, keep repeating. and cut pepper into small pieces. cut the pork into strips or cube whatever you prefer. Slice the okra and place okra in another bowl.
  2. When the water boils add carrot, pepper, peas and orka inside. and wait a minute or so and drain the things into a colander/strainer.
  3. Put oil into pan and let it heat, then stir in pork then your carrot, peas and pepper. stir so the things are fairly dry and add the rice in, you can flip the pan or just stir well
  4. Add your seasoning to your taste and then add okra, stir a bit and then add the beaten eggs, stir so the eggs are cooked and your done.

No comments:

Post a Comment