Search This Blog

Jul 18, 2013

"Cheesecake in teacup"

I followed this LINK: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/cheesecake-in-a-jar-recipe/

First of all I was going to make this individual cheesecake but I didn't have baking cups and it was 4.99 at Shopko, too expensive, I'm not willing to pay that much. So I decided to make cheesecake squares. I don't know but I totally ruin making the crust. It was too buttery oily. I think its because I used too much butter or I used the butter in the tubs. Anyways that didn't work. Good thing that I found and post a lot of cheesecake variations. I made cheesecake with no crust.

Now that I'm reflecting back, for the individual cheesecake you don't need paper cups. You can use individual small bowls or cups instead.

I didn't have jars but I do have glass cups. So I used those cups. I only had 8oz cream cheese and another 4oz of cream cheese. So I halved the recipe and added a bit more of each except the eggs.

I was totally confused with her saying begin with boiling hot water, I boiled the water in my wok. Then I placed the cream cheese and sugar into the bowl then the bowl into the warmed water, I turned the heat down, and used the hand mixer to mix. When I was almost done with adding all the stuff in, I notice I read it wrong and doing this wrong.
baked half the time
gooey center

Because my container is smaller than her jars, I thought it was logic to shorten the baking time too. I did that and I didn't know how to tell if it was done. It didn't really help by say the edges will appear firm and the center a bit wobbly. My cheesecake did seem have firm edges and a wobbly center. In the end, it wasn't done yet, the whole lot of center was not firm enough, it looked like the batter consistency. So right now I'm re-bake it. I suggest to bake it as instructed
P.S. I didn't have any berry fruits. I still had some vanilla wafers--my gosh they taste so yummy, and some wheat crackers, I dipped them in the cups, like the cheesecake became a dipping sauce for wafers or crackers. It taste sweet and creamy good.
remixed and baked again
firm center
LIST:
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 packages of 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 large eggs, room temperature
1/8 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

HOW TO (I adjusted it):
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Begin to boil a large pot of water for the water bath when baking.

3. In the bowl, add the sugar and cream cheese together until smooth, then add egg. Make sure to scrape down the bowl. Finally add heavy cream and vanilla and mix until smooth.

4. Pour batter into canning jars or glass cups until about ¾ of the way full. Place jars/cup into a larger pan. Pour the boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the sides of the jars.

5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, the edges will appear to be set, but the center will still have a little jiggle to it.

6. Carefully remove the cheesecake jars from the water bath and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Once the cheesecakes are completely cooled, place them into the refrigerator for at least 5 hours. Top will fresh berries and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment