Search This Blog

Jul 8, 2013

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Made this in where I'm volunteering. I didn't take photos so I used photos online that were similar to my results.

LIST and HOWTO:

1 cup fresh or frozen strawberry
2 tbsp strawberrry jam

If using frozen berries then microwave it 2 minutes. Then use blender to blend jam and berry. You want to chop/pulse them up. You don't want pink foam to form. Want the consistency be almost like the photo above. Pour into a large/medium bowl.

1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/4 pear vinegar
3 cup oil
1 tsp dijon mustard

Blend the 5 things together to emulsify. After the blend it looks like mocha chocolate color firm peak of egg whites texture. Then pour the mixture into the berry bowl and mix well. I tasted the end product and I could taste the strawberry flavor and the sourness.The end result looked like something like the photo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment