Search This Blog

Feb 4, 2013

Spicy tofu with celery stir fry, simple

Adapt/modify from Tastehongkong
I made this for dinner. I didn't have carrot. I was tempted to use my roommates carrot but I didn't so I subbed it with 2 very small onion. I also added shrimp at the last minute so I dice it smaller for it to cook faster. The pepper paste I had wasn't as spicy as I wanted it to be.

Ingredients
~300g firm tofu
4 celery stems
a handful of shrimp, diced
1/2 carrot
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
Onion
cooking oil

Seasonings
2 tsp chili sauce, I used Korean type
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
4 tbsp water
salt and chicken granule bouillon

Method
Wash celery stems, peel and trim away the aged fibrous skin as we did for this dish. Cut into about 1 cm cubes. Peel and cut carrots into similar dices.

Prepare your seasonings, mix items except salt and cgb. Mix until paste dissolve.

First pan-fried the tofu with both sides golden color then slice into about 1 cm cubes.

Heat oil in wok or pan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion and shrimp until fragrant  Toss in celery and carrot, stir fry it. Pour in seasoned mixture and add tofu. Sitr a bit and cover the pan for about 2 minutes or until the sauce clings to the foods. If you want the vegetables to be more tender, cover and lower heat to simmer another minute or two (add more water if required). Sprinkle in salt and cgb according to taste. Stir well, dish up and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment