Search This Blog

Sep 7, 2013

curry chicken

This evening after I help color my mums hair. I sat down and smelled curry out of no where. Then I was craving for some curry chicken! I also was craving for some ramen the other day but we didn't have any. So today we went to the asian store and bought different ramen flavors and bought chicken thighs from Walmart. Now I'm cooking the curry chicken I so wanted to eat.

3 chicken thighs, diced into bite size
about 4 cups potato, diced chunky
ginger, 5 slices
about 1 tbsp of cooking wine, any kind
1 tsp of ground white pepper
about 2 tbsp curry powder, add more if want stronger curry flavor
about 2-3 tbsp of sugar
about 2 tbsp of salt
about 1 tbsp of chicken granule bouillon 
water, enough to cover the chicken and potatoes

My mum told me that this process is similar in cooking red belly pork, just different ingredients.

In a wok or pot, let the oil heat up then add ginger and stir for a second and add the chicken. While stirring add the wine. When most of the chicken's surface is cooked, add the potatoes and water and all the other ingredients. When starts to boils for a few minutes there would be brown foam just spoon out the foam when you see it. Cover it and let it cook until you can see that the sauce has lessen, check on it a few times. Then have a taste of the sauce to see if you need to add more curry powder, salt, sugar, or chicken bouillon. If the potato is tender than your done.




No comments:

Post a Comment