Search This Blog

Sep 18, 2013

Torn my Nail!! OMG Blood!. + first aid care

It was 2 day before school starts at night time. I got my nail stuck somewhere on my backpack. I lift my hand up and I see that my nail was bloody. I stared at it shockingly and go OMG! Then I thought my nail was really weak; I'm I lacking some kind if vitamin/mineral? I inform my parent about it and show them the bloody nail. My mom was creeped out. She was also watching Good Doctor--the blood, surgery...--might have effect mum getting goosebumps/

I first took a picture of it before treating it. The basic aid is to cleaned it (rinse with water if dirty) and disinfect it (used alcohol) and then put on antibiotic ointment and lastly band aid it or bandage it for the night. That is what I did excluding the water part. I also took the band aid off the next day and let it "air" healed. I didn't feel the pain when it ripped off until the next day.

Fact: I learn in high school anatomy and physiology that the hand it the most susceptible to infection. Do anyone know why? Just think about it, it's logical.

My injury was just a minor one. Just a small section of my nail bed torn. It was so inconvenient and uncomfortable when I used that finger. It would be terrible if the whole nail come off.



No comments:

Post a Comment