Search This Blog

Nov 15, 2012

My Simple Steam Eggs

In my childhood my grandparents and parents would always make this dish. The egg texture would be firm, hot, just full of yumminess. When I make it at home I always have trouble with replicating the texture. Sometimes the texture is loose with filled with water but I found a recipe technique from KimcheeBeyond that helps but there wasn't any liquid based soup after cooked maybe I need to add a bit more water. My parents don't use the aluminum foil technique. I didn't have a wok so I used a pan or a wire thing so I put the bowl directly onto the pan.


Ingredient:
2 eggs, beat
water
salt and granulate chicken bouillon 
oil
soy sauce

Instruction:
In a ceramic bowl beat the eggs. add the rest of the ingredients, by instinct and intuition but the oil and soy sauce are optional, carefully beat agian. Cover the bowl with aluminium foil (optional) and then cover the pan to steam it for 10 or less minutes. Check for readiness by using a spoon or knife to see if egg mixture is fully cook.

add soy sauce if not salty enough like I did (bottom picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment