Search This Blog

Nov 27, 2012

Sweet Potato Fest!

I finally have bought some sweet potato. I was craving for them. They were only .39 per pound at Walmart. My mom told me that my father bought like 6 bags of it which fill up 2 boxes.

I only know how to bake it and make the sweet potato sago soup.

I bake it at 400 degree F for at least 2 hours or more depending on the size. When you eat it is should be moist and soft if it's bit solid and dry than you need to bake it longer. As you can see the picture above I press to see it's soft enough.

For the soup the ingredient are sweet potato cut into short strips, (rock) sugar, and sago pearls. My first try of making it wasn't a success but this time I think I nailed it. The potato had the perfect softness.

Direction:
I used 2 large sweet potatoes. Last time I cute them into triangle-like shape and didn't like them so this time it's into strips. Add enough water to cover the potato then add an inch of height more of water. Let the "substance" boil for a few minutes and then add your sugar and sago. The sago might take awhile to be transparent so don't rush which I did the last time. So this time I turn the heat from high to medium and let it sit with the cover for like 30 minute or so. You might want to check on it once in awhile to see if the sago is ready. When the sago is done the potatoes should be the right firmness well it was for me.

Extra Note:
If it's cold out and you want to warm your internal system you can add slices of ginger with the potatoes, I would have, but I thought of it at the last minute.

Overall my sweet potato fest was a success. Everything turn out right, nothing burnt or taste nasty. And the left overs will last for a few meals. I might even get sick of eating sweet potatoes. >.<!

No comments:

Post a Comment