Search This Blog

Nov 11, 2012

Sweet Butternut Squash Soup

My mom made this and brought it for me. I live on campus. I really love it. I love the texture when biting into the butternut squash.

I tried to remake it. I was really simple and quick. The only thing I didn't have on hand was sago pearls and coconut milk. So I had to make without it. It would have make the soup thicker and more fulfilling. But I will write as if I have it. ^^

you can also add sweet potato, acorn squash, taro, or pumpkin if you don't have butternut or you want a variety of tubers/squash.

Ingredients:
small butternut squash, skin peeled and cut into rectangle prism
rock sugar or regular sugar
water
coconut milk or just plain milk
sago pearl

Procedure:
  1. I only used half of my butternut. It was hard for me to cut in half but I did it and used a peeler to peel it twice around.
  2. you should add water to cover the butternut and a bit more in the pot. Let the water boil. Then turn the on medium heat and let it heat for 5 or 8 minutes with cover on.
  3. Add sago, don't want too much or the soup will be too thick. Let it heat with cover on until the sago it almost transparent. you also want to stir occasionally they wouldn't stick.
  4. Then add coconut milk/ milk, I used 2 Tbsp. then taste for sweetness. Add sugar if not sweet enough. Let the sugar melt and stir gently here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment