Search This Blog

Nov 15, 2012

Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat

ADAPTION RECIPE FROM NOOBCOOK and another one I don't know where I found it.

I combine two recipes into one. Mostly because I didn't have the ingredients and made due of what I have and what I want in it.

The meat mixture I used ground turkey which is what I had in hand. I also added dried black fungus, dried shiitake mushroom, mince carrot maybe, salt, chicken granule bouillon, maybe soy sauce, olive oil, chinese cooking wine, cornflour, and white pepper powder.

For the tofu I only had my favorite one I always buy. So I steamed as it instructed and follow pouring the excess liquid in bowl and heated some oil to pour over it and add some soy sauce.

Self Note:
It seem like the final liquid was enough but it wasn't I should have added more sauce and oil. The tofu tasted great and made me think I should cook more steam tofu dishes drizzled with hot oil and soy sauce.

2 Steamed Tofu with Pork Mince recipes I combine these two:


Ingredients:
75 gm pork mince
15 gm Tianjin preserved vegetable
3 slices silken tofu
a dash vegetable oil, heated in a small saucepan

Marinade Meat:
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornflour
a pinch white pepper

Method:
1. Rinse preserved vegetable and squeeze out excess water. Mix pork mince with marinade and preserved vegetable well. Divide pork into three equal parts and make a small disc with clean hands.
2. Place tofu slices on a plate. Carefully put pork onto tofu. Steam in a wok over high heat for 20 minutes, or until pork is cooked through, colour changed. Discard excess water in the plate if necessary, sprinkle spring onion for garnish. Drizzle with hot oil and soy sauce. Serve hot.

Ingredients:
- 1 tube silken egg tofu 蛋豆腐 (150g)
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 15 wolfberries, soaked in water till puffy (about 20 minutes)
- 1/2 stalk spring onion, sliced thinly or cut to wispy strips 

(A) Meat and marinade:
- 50g minced pork (can substitute with chicken) and shrimp (optional)
- 1/2 stalk spring onion, sliced thinly
- a few thin carrot slices (peeled using a vegetable peeler, stacked together and finely chopped)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- dash of white pepper powder
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine 

Directions:
1. Cut egg tofu in half along the “dotted line” (if any), remove packaging and cut to thin and even slices (see detailed step by step photos). Arrange tofu pieces on a steaming plate (with a bit of depth).
2. Mix ingredients in (A) evenly in a small bowl and allow to sit for at least a few minutes.
3. Mould a small amount of the marinaded meat mixture (about 1 tsp or less) into a ball and place on top of tofu slices. Top each meat ball with a wolfberry. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp light soy over the tofu slices.
4. Steam over high heat for about 5 minutes (starting from the time the water in steamer is boiling), or until the meat is cooked (see cooking note 1 below). Before serving, use a spoon to drizzle the soy liquid collected in the plate over the tofu slices. Garnish with chopped spring onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment