Search This Blog

Nov 27, 2012

Sweet Potato Fest Cont...

Sweet Potato Rice Donuts by BK

Her picture is awesome too, but I think an orange inside would be great too.

I would totally make think for my sweet potato day because I still have some uncook ones left but I don't have rice flour. I was so excited when I read the name too. :[

Ingredients
3/4 lb sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
2 cups glutenous rice flour
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1-1 1/3 cup hot milk
Oil for frying

For the cinnamon sugar:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Mash sweet potato and add to the flour mixture and rub together until the flours become fine crumbs.
Slowly add hot milk (1/4 cup of milk each time) to the mixture and mix together with a spoon first, then using hand bring the dough together to form a ball shape. The amount of milk depends on the moisture level of your potatoes. It should resemble the bread dough consistency.
Make them into 1" balls with the dough. Set aside and cover with a towel.
Heat oil in a wok or fryer over medium low temperature. Drop a few dough balls and start rolling with a metal utensil to brown them evenly, about 5 minutes. Make sure your oil is not too hot. About 145ºC is ideal temperature.
Transfer the donuts to a plate lined with paper towel to remove extra oil on the surface. Roll them in cinnamon sugar to coat evenly all over. Serve warm or at room temperature.

I remember I posted a orange ball too which I found it also had sweet potato in it but then again I don't have rice flour or palm sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment