Search This Blog

Dec 21, 2012

Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken

BY: foodiebaker
This looks tender good. The pretty red color.

Cooking Note: Firstly, I made this recipe for 2 – the original recipe apportion some sauce to marinate, some sauce to bake, some sauce for dipping but I didn’t apportion it at all, so I used much lesser sauce than stated in the recipe (also, I served the chicken as sides, so I used lesser chicken than stated). Secondly, I  have no Worcestershire sauce and cider vinegar, so I substituted it with soy sauce and lemon juice respectively. Next, I had also added a chili for some kick (you can use paprika or cayenne pepper if you have them). Lastly, just 5-10 minutes before they’re done, I turned them skin side up, place it on the highest rack and turn up the heat to the maximum so that the skin is slightly charred and crispy. Let me know what other variations you’ve made!

LIST:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 chilli, snipped into small pieces
Salt and ground black pepper
4 to 6 chicken drumsticks, weighing about 300 to 450 grams

METHOD:
In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice and chilli. Season generously with salt and black pepper.

Line a baking tray with aluminum foil (for easy clean up later on). Rinse the chicken drumsticks and pat dry with paper towel. Place them in the tray and pour the sauce over the chicken, tossing to mix them up, and marinate the chicken for several hours. (I will marinate the chicken overnight the next time I make it).

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Bake the chicken drumsticks in the middle rack for 30 minutes, tossing the chicken halfway through until the chicken are cooked. Turn the chicken drumsticks skin side up, transfer the chicken drumsticks into the highest rack, turn up the heat to the maximum and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until the skin is slightly charred and crisp. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment