Search This Blog

Dec 16, 2012

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

LINK:
http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/02/creamy-chicken-soup-for-soul.html

This looks so good too. I want something creamy! I just ran out of potatoes and I don't have chicken of any form

by Beth Goodman

LIST:
6 carrots-peeled and diced
6 potatoes-peeled and diced
1 onion-diced
4 celery stalks-diced
12 c. water
12 chicken bouillon cubes
1-2 c. diced chicken-Beth shreds hers. ( I used a rotisserie chicken from Costco. I was just that lazy today )
2 sticks of butter-she said remember it makes A LOT
1 c. flour
8 oz jar cheez whiz- her secret weapon:)
2 c. egg noodles-cooked

DIRECTION:
Bring water and bouillon to boil. Add vegetables, partially cook them. In separate pan melt butter and flour on medium heat. When smooth, add to vegetables. Turn heat to medium low. Add cheez whiz and chicken. Simmer 30 min or until vegetables are cooked. Add egg noodles and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment