Search This Blog

Dec 29, 2012

I Made Sweet Potato Rice Donuts

I finally made it. It taste absolutely yummy. It's chewy and gooey in the inside and crunchy sweet on the outside. I'm very happy about it, both my parents like it. I forgot to take some pictures of the my beginning process of making the dough but I took the end process. I'll be writing about my preparing and cooking process and some "problems" I faced and noted down. The recipe is from BK

I follow the ingredient amount. I tried using the body weight we have to measure 3/4lb of sweet potato but that didn't work, it was a digital, so I just wing it with 3 medium size sweet potato. I cut the s. potatoes diagonally in half, so it would boil faster, while it's boiling I mix the flour mixture in an large bowl. I drain the water boiling the sweet potato when my chopstick can poke through it. I peeled the skin, which was easy to do and hot, into another bowl and smash it to mush. I was still debating how much is 3/4 lb was when I remember in BK's picture she used 2 s.potatoes so I used about 2/3 of my mashie. The mashie was cool then because I had the wait for my mother to come home from work. She was bringing the baking powder which we didn't have at home. Then I used my hand to knead the flour mixture and mushie. I then microwave the milk until foams build up and was about to overflow, it was 3 minutes or near it. Like BK instructed you want "bread dough-like consistency." My dough was plenty moist so I pour a little bit of milk and used a spoon to mix because my hand would burn. I don't know how it happen but my mum help me pour more milk inside. The dough became sticky so I had to add more rice flour until most of the dough didn't stick onto my hand when kneading.





















I fill the pot with oil we had out. The heat should be on medium or less then medium heat, you don't want the oil too hot or it will burn fast and raw inside. I test the oil by dripping a drop of water to see it it cracks. When you add the dough get the utensil ready to roll it around so it wouldn't stick at the beginning. When it wouldn't stick anymore I just rolled it to the other side every few minutes until the outside is a brown color. My mum doesn't like cinnamon sugar so I had a separate batch coated with just plain sugar.

okay, I had some that I made too large that the inner inside was still raw. You can taste the difference and see the difference too. the rawness is off orange color, like what the dough color was. The fully cook gets a tint darker(oranger)






This is what my hand look like after being washed once from kneading but not from making the dough balls. My dad took this picture. He chuckled and said it looks like an old wrinkle woman's hand.

And I still have some s. potato mush left...

No comments:

Post a Comment